Life in Dörröd VI When friends arrive to taste countryside life.

When friends arrive to taste countryside life.

These four travelled from Latvia and Malmö. Latvians and Russians and one Swedish for a weekend in Dörröd. But how our weekend adventure went, well, can see in photos. What I will mumble about will be my thoughts on the existence of friendships (oh, no, stop reading here).

In literature, there are so many poems, novels and stories and songs, and art based on word "friendship". You can find on google search so many uplifting and motivating, and inspiring quotes about friends, friendships, that you will always have a soppy emotional quote to send to your best friend in a birthday card.


However, to keep clean, trustworthy and honest friendships, in my opinion, in the 21st century has been harder and more difficult. Due to many reasons, causes and facts. To me it always has been a struggle, I have this strange relationship with wanting to find my tribe where I feel safe and accepted for whoever I am and however I am behaving, acting and saying, but at the same time, I prefer then nobody's company as my own. A life of an INFP (do you know yours?)

But you know what, we all are not freaking the same, I am tired of hearing this that we are. And if we learnt to accept each other flaws, faults and mistakes, problems, personality crisis and background, life and friendships would be easier, more beautiful and cherished. Friendships are just like relationships, because we choose these "things", not like our family we are born into. We can work on, fix and shape and develop in any way any friendship, but the most of time people give up. Today's world is a bit self-oriented and a giving up society. In my opinion from my experience and observation.

Ending this kind of rant, I will tell you which song I believe shaped my idea of a friend, which resonates to my values and meaning to "what is a friend" - it's Latvian band song "mans draugs" (my friend).

To my nomadic soul never finding a feeling of a long-term home, to find a home in a person is all that matters to me. And I have some of them in my life. That's the gold and all that matters. Thank you for those who accepted the stormy emotions I brought in their life, and stayed and did not dive into ego to break us apart.

“A strong friendship doesn't need daily conversation, doesn't always need togetherness, as long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.”― Auliq Ice




This is part 5 when friends visiting.


Comments