EXPLORE SKÅNE : Cycling adventure from Malmö to Sandhammaren // Åhus

EXPLORE SKÅNE : Cycling adventure from Malmö to Sandhammaren // Åhus



My last bikeadventure this year. Since I am living the last month in Malmö (moving to a house in the countryside in October!), I wanted to have one more short cycle escape from Malmö roads and also enjoy the last bits of sunny/warm autumn days. Originally my plan was a bit longer, but I somehow got stuck with errands longer in Malmö, so, ended up just having this one night + a visit in Åhus for a night too. 

The journey from Malmö to Ystad was simple, there are several roads you can follow when checking on google map, and on google maps can see the terrain, which road will be more difficult (tiny Skåne upphils can be veeeery tiring). Or can take designed cycle routes by Skåne tourism. 

LOCALuseful sites about cycling:




This short trip was to my favourite place in Skåne. The Sandhammaren beach I haven't visited since first time I was passing by on our Skåneleden hiking trip. There are too many places to visit and explore in Skåne during summers that not always I get to return to the places I fell in love once. This beach gives me a massive feeling of FREEDOM. It's so clean, wide open space! It just yells : freedom!

The next day my route was to Åhus, bet I ended up cycling I think only 70+km or less. I cycled until Brösarp, because I turned to the wrong trail (which was closed road by military but on google map it was sending me that way) and the wind was extremly strong that I knew I can't go on the narrow main road and called for a help. My friend from Åhus drove to pick me up. All day in that terrible wind on the no forest routes just fields, fields, fields... I was so exhausted! It is something what need to keep in mind about Skåne routes - landscape is very open space, not the North side of Skåne, mainly down Österlen and Falsterbo-Ystad. 

But ANYWAY. My favourite route was the road you turn from Ystad towards Ales Stenar and then continue straight to Sandhammaren. That downwhill ride, was blissful. Since I had hiked there with my boyfriend twice, I cycled and laughed seeing the trail where we hiked because we made some pretty dum and funny memories there, like being lost and looking for a grocery store which turned out to be 7km walk away and it was pouring rain all that time we walked, and suddenly puff sun after we had finished. And few more memories based on "looking for the trail". 

Anyway, this route from Malmö is great, really recommend it. If not planning to go straight to Sandhammaren like me, then I recommend doing that trail Malmö - Falsterbo - Trelleborg - Ystad - Sandhammaren.

Enjoy!



















































ELINA NOMAD PHOTOGRAPHY



Do you want I do photography work for you? 
Message me on my fb page or visualnoteselina@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts