Explore Skåne : Hovs Hallar. Day 2.



Hovs Hallar - Båstad.

Continuing the story from part 1 (click here). 

The morning came unexpectedly fast. I slept like a log and also I did not want to wake up, I finally had a good, long and deep sleep and my mind & body rested well. You know when you finally can relax after intensive emotional weeks, you just crush. In the morning photo of me sipping the coffee, you can see my eyes are so tiny and face fluffy - my camping morning face, haha. 

It is always so nice to have a companion with who to share morning duties, I am so lazy on mornings like these. Waking up to this view was also a treat, I hope I come back in the future here, but, oh, there are so many places I wish to explore... 

The hike to Båstad was also unexpectedly short. it is a nice hike, and I guess maybe it would have been nicer to do opposite direction, buuuuut then again... We both enjoyed and had a bit of a laugh of that moment, when you walk into a super posh Swedish town (yachts everywhere, later I found out it's a bit like mini Stockholm upper class) looking like two Supertramps. We did not stay long, instead looked up for the train station (which oddly was located not so central), and decided to search for a new destinaties where to cook our dinner before heading back to Malmö.

We chose randomly another small village on the coast by Helsingborg - Vik. I think our intention was, if I am not wrong, to actually go to Mölle or somewhere there, but we couldn't camp that night. My friend Iris had to leave the next day. At the small village Vik, locals were more surprised of us, than we of how small it was. A local girl after our dinner at the beach came to talk to us. She was curious to see if we are backpackers because she was going on a backpacking trip and study abroad. She welcomed to their family's house where we drunk tea and talked about travel experience for a girl as a solo. I and Iris encouraged her, but of course not saying it's all dreamy and fluffy to be a solo woman out there when travelling, but because of the attitude from others, it can't stop you living your life, right?

Anyway, this was a long day with hiking, train journey and then a cosy beach dinner, and then another train journey to get back to Malmö. I hope to return to Hovs Hallar.


Skåneleden links about Hovs hallar hiking trails: 

Ettap 17 Hovs Hallar - Torekov. The opposite direction which could have done and take the bus from the destination back to Ängelholm/Båstad and then train to Malmö. It must be beautiful scenery too as from this trail can see the impressive Kullaberg national park. 
Ettapt 16 Båstad - Hovs Hallar. We did this trail, but opposite direction, starting from Hovs Hallar and ending up in the posh "little Stockholm" Båstad.





 









 











 








 










 







 





 




 

 


thank you!

Comments