Explore Skåne: Europeade in Helsingborg. The most colourful day in Skåne!

 

Explore Skåne: Folk costume parade in Helsingborg. 

The most colourful day in Skåne!

My next summer adventure using the summer card was taking me back to Helsingborg. This was a really fantastic day in Helsingborg! I did not know that there will be this colourful parade, by accident a friend Liga called me and my boyfriend who works there, wrote me "I saw some Latvians with the flag walking around." I run fast to the skånetrafiken train to get to Helsingborg, also, have a city beach day as Helsingborg beach is nicer than Malmö. (True!)


We were really surprised that this event was not advertised, the only viewers were who accidentally were at the harbour+beach and the rest of people who were just doing their daily errands in the city and stopped to look at this "weird show what's happening in boring Swedish life suddenly"? I loved it!!! Finally energy, colours and HAPPY noise!!! I wish events like this with full international or European culture was covered and showed, and just we could see more how amazing cultural heritage we have! 

This event really brought a joy and colours to the daily grey Swedish town. At the end of the day, I had gained so much high energy that I could not stop smiling. As I read later, almost 6000 dancers in folk costumes from around Europe were participating. And the variety of costumes were the best fashion show I will ever have seen!!! 




 
















 


















 











 

Thank you for reading and following my photos.
More on @elinanomad.

<3

Comments