EXPLORE SKÅNE // Spring cycle adventure MALMÖ - VOMBSJÖN

Spring cycle adventure MALMÖ - VOMBSJÖN - MALMÖ

The most waited adventure of the year happened! I always enjoy the first camping/cycling trip on spring. Since I was already living in the countryside in March, this year first adventure happened now mid April. 


102km ride. From Malmö to Vombsjön via Silvåkra 50km and back via Veberöd 52km. For my partner this was his first bikecamping trip and at the beginning he doubted himself for being able to cycle that much/long, but I knew he is just silly-billy, he obviusly could cycle along me my 100km adventure rides in a day. It's just the number in head what makes people think they can't make it. When you have good cycling pants and well seated comfortable saddle... Nothing can stop you from long distance rides!

This was my second time at Vombsjön on this shore side. The first time I was there when I lived in my favourite village where I had planned to move to with my that time narcissistical boyfriend. When I visited it first time, I thought this lake is going to be my winter swim challange, but it didn't happen. This lake continues being my camping escape. I have been camping or having evening picnic dinner at the other side of the lake. I had no idea then that this lake has such a well kept swimming beach. Now I am looking forward for summer days to go to this lake! 

The cycle route.

It is easy. Maybe just had to get through the Dalby area ( I took the old train-railway trail via Thörna Hällastad), but in overall there are no long uphill problems or too many. There are many nice spots on the way to stop and enjoy a lunch or fika break. On the way back I choose to go via Veberöd since I prefer going other routes than going back the same way as arrived. Now, this trail after Veberöd towards Dalby (along the main road there is nice bike path) was a bit pain in the ass. After winte rmy legs are still not used to cycling much, so, I was feeling the "Milk-pain" in my legs very much. At least after the painful ride you have a nice treat : Knivsåsen where to stop and have a short break, after that it's just cycle all the way back to Malmö via Staffanstorp so the boring part. It's boring because it's just fields, but its comfortable and nice ride because you are on bike path all the way from Dalby until wherever you live in Malmö.

You can see in the images the campsite. It's really that worth doing the trip up there. Personally I didnt really mind where I end up camping. The first final destination was few km before Vombsjön, where I was last spring, but it was crowded, so, I knew I can continue the way down to this side of lake, and I don't regret, the ride to the Vombsjön through forest rail (gravel) was beautiful for mindset, I don'tlike gravel roads in general. If wanted - could have stopped somewhere along the way there already. But then there are no nice spot to go into the lake (I prefer sea, so I am a bit picky with lakes), I planned to maaaayyyybe swim since I do winter swim when I feel like it, buuuut no. I felt lazy and I allowed my lazy chill mood to just stay that way. I enjoyed just being outdoors having the simple life for a weekend.

P.S. I was lucky to have a partner with me on this trip, who enjoys outdoors as much as me and knows other kind camping tricks I hadn't used before but only planned or heard my previous outdoor partner talking about and never doing. Campfire food! Instead having trangia, we had food only made in campfire. Even warmed up morning sandwiches. Mmmm! And the campfire potateos... Ahh, the most delicious thing I remember from my childhood. They were gone in few seconds on this trip. Definitely going to repeat this dinner.

My gear.

Camping gear: EASYCAMP.com
Bike gear: THORN SHERPA
Cycling cloth: DHB
Bike bags: VAUDE
Outdoor cloth: Various - nike, dhb, jack wolfskin,etc

Food: Potateo in campfire, sliced aubergine with spices over fire (+ few cherry tomatos). He caught fish for himself. And also we had few snacks like dry swedish bread with creams, cherry tomatos, chocolate and chipsssss!!!!!














































EASYCAMP.com .





















SNAPSHOT life 








 







 




Thank you for your time here scrolling through my photo story.

ELINA NOMAD PHOTOGRAPHY



Do you want I do photography work for you? 
Message me on my fb page or visualnoteselina@gmail.com

Comments