Latvia // Moments of May 2018

May 2018.

A month of balcony, beach and classroom.



My favourite month of all. Not because it is my birthday month, also because of it, but it's the month when you feel in the air fresh, new starts and hopes, and high expectations are flying up in the and slowly turning into clouds. May is the month before summer, which we all in Nordic countries wait for so much. The longing seconds of summer wind breeze during the ice north wind hugs in winter are over. Also can't not to mention the remembrance of past about may why it made me feel so glad and light... because it was the end of school (Latvia: 31st of may is the last day). It reminds me how joyful I was finally having the freedom of doing nothing - reading books, late night swims in the river, cycling around, going to the beach and no home-works! 

This may was a different kind of may from my last ones. I was in my homeland, which has not happened for many years. I signed up to do finally the drivers school, and here I am a bit stuck and frustrated yet I need to enjoy this time being with my family who I don't see that often. Latvians had so many holidays during this may, that I couldn't believe how lucky they are. Personally, I just hoped they are finally over and I get back to the driving school. Again, stressed, that's why I had to find emotional balance.

The first weeks felt emotionally difficult, I kept thinking of what I would be doing if I was back in Malmö, and how much I need to be there, I would be much better and etc, but I also really need the drivers license finally. Eventually I found my routine. I started cycling to the beach - Jurmala, from Riga everyday after school and driving classes. I sat there reading a book, went swimming and just tried to settle myself into the balance of here and now. At some point I hoped I will get to visit Malmö and my dear one left behind there, he has extreme working hours during may and usually it's when I have to take care of him more than myself. But I didn't travel, no stress, no worries, just breath in and out, take a chill pill, I said to myself.

During this month I started taking care of myself mentally and physically. As I mentioned - the art of balance, mindfulness. Activities and a routine helped. Also visiting a past-life therapist, exploring my own past and current me. In the evenings I created routine of taking care of my hair and facial skin - not so much cosmetic, but more herbal and natural essentials like coconut oil. And more cycling, drinking water, swimming was a good exercising plan!It was a hot month, so, I needed the evening swims. I got a light heat stroke one morning. I woke up with painful head, vomitted, cleaned up myself, drank painkillers and off I went to my early morning class of driving theory (can't miss any, otherwise you are f&%ked, the system is bad). As in february/march I was researching my health problems in Latvia, I adopted my new eating habits and took care of health too. It was a God's gift to have this time to really focus only on myself and heal.

Oh, yes, cycling in Riga is a heavy topic. Latvians do not understand me why I am against cycling in Riga. I am not against, but I am upset of the quality and manners by cyclists! In my opinion, then I am not surprised why car drivers are such jerks (omg, I hate driving in Riga!). Cyclists are impolite, rule ignoring, and arrogant. The same are drivers. Defintely must wear a helmet if cycling in this city. Watch out from cyclists in Riga! In may I cycled more around the area, exploring the roads, to understand if road cycling like I do in Skåne is possible here, now I know, not really. But I did find online a futuristic vision os POSSIBLE CYCLING TRAILS in Riga... Seems promising, but the plan was dated that should be done by 2018, only Riga- Jurmala trail exists from the plan.

Back to positive - my birthday was great! The first day when it got cold and the paddling thing was canceled by the company (arranged few days later), but it was still a great day and all about it I shared here: Birthday.

Driving school. I don't think I have made the right choice of my educational place, but I gotta get through this no matter what. This school was my second choice, and as the first choice was not available at the time I needed, then I went for this place. The theory classes are alright, it's still very old school study way (but who am I to complain when I have 10 year education of abroad schools, can't complain educational development, right.). Also one of the assistants or managers of school is so superb self-focused, that talks to you like you are a little human, very manipulative what I have heard from others, but, hey, I guess that kind marketing people are still needed, right? Simply I might have a higher expectations of how people are treated, but then again I am back in Riga where the development is unfortunately later or slower. After all, the main work was done by myself not in the classroom. The hours I spent sitting on the balcony with all the theory books, notebooks and worksheets... No wonder I got sun-stroke. At the end of may I am almost done, and just 2 more classes, test, and final theory exam... With driving teaching I can't yet make an observation, I am learning my gut feeling, either it's bad and I am not seeing the red flags, or I have bad trust issues. Will see next month.

And here are some small explores, road trips with mum. 









Granny and her morning routine.


















































Thank you for reading!
Love and light, 

Comments