Latvia: Birthday 2018. // Saulkrasti and SUP adventure.

 

Birthday 2018. // Saulkrasti and SUP adventure!

I have this "rule" since my 18th birthday - take a day off. Only once in my birthday, I was at the school because on that day I also handed in and ended my bachelor studies in Cornwall. And the latest years I have been blessed to be able to enjoy my birthday fully. Not how I planned or wanted, but still it has been mentally good to be and feel free on my special day.

I love birthdays. A new year, new energy, ideas, happenings and lalalala... and another facebook delete. Already have done it. Have no idea how could I once know so many people in my life? Did I even know them? From 2000+ down to 680+... Probably could go more, as a friend told me that many are only keeping each other for "looking through the keyhole on others lives". Sadly for them, I don't use facebook anymore that much for updates on my life. As last year I experienced a situation, someone told me I am boring because I don't hitchhike and if I don't upload my life on fb it means I have no life. In reality, my life since Swedish road vagabonding has been more colourful than before. It has been slow, stuck and repeating patterns, but it has been a different kind of learning process and discovering new things about myself and others. Ahh, how I love the old good people superficial judgment! The things I hear sometimes, can't believe.

This year I was not sure what am I going to do. All I knew I want to try something new and the choice was booking  SUP ADVENTURE SUNRISE RIDE!!!! They had to cancel it on MAY BIRTHDAY so I got it a few days later. Still, it was during my 12-day birthday ritual. When was the time for this gift, I kind of was getting 'sick'? I had only 2h sleep that night and the rest of the night until my friend Lelde arrived at 3am, I was drinking hot tea as much as I could to get the 'cold' away just for few hours. 

SUP ride as a beginner.
Nothing special, really! I was worried that it will be difficult, but as some Instagram friends commented: "to fall in you must be extra clumsy". It's impossible to fall into the water... Well, I thought maybe if I was on an open water... I would! After the morning ride, I know I want to buy my own sup in the future!!! IT WAS THAT AMAZING! the also was great, so, we all felt safe and sound. Bunch of strangers at first, but felt like we left the moment as a group of friends.

It's just like they say - wake up early, get an amazing experience and go back to work on time. We indeed were done by 7am that could have time to have breakfast and be ready for 9-5 job if we had one. Instead I fell asleep as soon as I got home - well, at least through sleep I "slept out" my possible "being ill". :)


Saulkrasti.
On my actual day. My best friend Lelde drove me away for a surprise day. We ended up in Saulkrasti beach at a cosy tiny house. Girl chats, drinks and food, beach walk and swimming in the sea! Thanks to my dearest weirdo friend with who I am together since 2000. Finally, we celebrated together again! All I needed. Loved it all.  Here is the little house if want to get an escape close to the sea. 

So, next year it is my 30th.... Let's try to make this 29th a great the last in my twenties year and plan a great 30th celebration! <3 

Celebrate your birthday! It is your day!!!!

VEGAN CAKE FROM CAFE "TERAPIJA"



Comments