Life in Malmö // A countryside dog in a city. One week.



For a week this little chipmunk from Skåne highlands has been with me in Malmö. A countryside lady in a city - was a fun experiment. She's not really "follow the line" dog, but free-spirit. She has had a training, just she was so excited to see the new place, new smells and sounds! She's a little empath and smartypants, and she isn't going to follow the system. My kind soul-dog! 

Pros and cons of having a dog in a city?


Well, they both go in together. 

+++
Like, you'll walk more- You'll get your lazy bum out in the morning for dog's toilet than have your coffee first (I did sometimes have it with me in my own mug). How can you refuse to her when she sits by the door as soon as you step out from bed? CAN'T. 

And the same it goes: you're a lazy human, sometimes you'll prefer coach than walk. (So far I really won here, walk late in the evening was so good before sleep). You will have someone who is always HAPPY AND EXCITED to see you even if left at home alone for 5minutes.


And the negative: shops, cafes. Wanna go for a walk for your daily chores? Nah, have to separate, because I don't want to leave her at home or outside the shop. So, what to do? Get a friend to dog sit while you're shopping or don't spend money and don't eat 😂 (or ask a partner to sort this out). Or learn to leave your dog by the shop and trust your dog won't run away or won't be trusting anyone else than you. I had a thought, why can't at the big grocery shops have some kind of dog station like for bikes? Maybe dog boxes? I don't know, but something...

In any way, for my lifestyle (no nights out shizzle, I'm a granny) and love for walking- having a dog in a city is good. I finally stopped cycling, like a flash, but enjoyed city walks, noticed what has changed AND BECAUSE OF A DOG received HAPPY MALMÖ FACES. All the singles, this is the best way to meet than tinder. :)


Now she's snoring. In her happy dog dream. Tomorrow we're going back to Dörröd, to hang out with all other happy dogs. Btw, you do know it's an Airbnb? Book your Skåne country stay and meet new nearly 50 friends (2 of them humans with FB, the rest... Connect on nature). Llamas and sheep, pigs and dogs, and cats, and chickens, and forest animals, and squirrels, and such... ❤

When I took her back to her countryside. 

Sharing time with little tiny cuddle monster was my kind happiness. With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart, I have brought her back to her countryside home. My little friend Chai. A little dog who finally made me understand why dogs are really human best friends. With my heavy experience with people, having this sweetheart, softened my heart. This week I had one day I felt I need to cry, and she reacted so strongly to my tears, that I only had seen such animal empathy twice in my life before. Our goodbye took few hours until we finally went for that walk through the forest and I left her at home, she sniffed my face (dog goodbye kiss?) And off she went! Happy to be at home where are no city stress, noises and "walk beside me" rules.Just seeing her exploring curiosity at the park, made my sad soul smile.

I want a dog, but the right dog will find me, I won't go search now based on emotional selfishness.


A countryside girl in a city
Let's just sit and observe people.
Look, it's January and already snowdrops!
We really enjoyed the park walks.
A selfie with a dog?!
My little cuddle lover.

Comments