Latvia: those tiny moments only seen for a moment...

Snapshots of everyday Riga in September

 

It's calm autumn days in Riga. At least for me. For a while I got rid of my illness which most of "almost 30 and have no life plan". When in Riga... To my eyes everything seems to look the same as it always has been while the only visible changes seen on the street renovations (which about all social media community is complaining everyday) and all the positive other change is noticeable within people, in their minds and hearts.



I won't discuss my personal culture difference observations, because who cares? In today's society people scream you should be authentic, you should speak your mind and yadayada, but when one does say and shares, and speaks, and is passionate about culture, ethnography, anthropology, nationalities,traditions and such other "conservative" things what makes us all humans with the past and roots, is put in a black list.

Here in my long photography scroll is seen my mobile phone moments of my family's new area - Imanta area in Riga. While the first week I was on my own with family without my partner, I walked around, hanged out with my granny, cooked some vegan meals for her, did the usual doctor check up list - my results were much better since eating plantbased diet. Mainly I just simply prefer to hang out with my granny and that's all, but I knew I need to also push myself to go outside in the world - explore what is around here. I used to be very opposite to who I am now. I couldn't sit at home long, I could just walk around unknown areas and feeling good being out there. Now it is a step by step kind of therapy slowly being able to feel comfortable, to over come fear. It sounds strange and hard to describe as my mental state has been a reason to few failed friendships. They can't handle that I don't want to open up and talk, I heal inside myself I heal being in a fores I heal by taking photos because turning on my photography eye makes me to notice beauty in the world again.

Maybe some feel catch the melancholic feeling with a bit "explorer's eye" here, but maybe not. I felt inspired and overloaded with creative thinking from the streets of Imanta. I remember telling my partner while he was still in Malmö, how exciting it is outside in a city here, Malmö seems not so characteristic comparing to Riga, so, I was diving in creative flow.

I felt joy.
I felt I was taking away all those heavy invisible coats and guarding walls.
I started smiling for no reason once again. I saw colors, details, contrasts, tones, light!
I enjoyed.


(Let's ignore the quality of images. I have cheap phone and old camera.)