Life in Dörröd // the very beginning....

Life in Dörröd or Livet på landet i Skåne. 

 I don't know which is more accurate, but in each language, it feels like that. How I feel about it in Latvian? Hmm. I think something between lines as "fulfilment of a dream"...  

By a chance we got this opportunity to try to live the dream of a countryside house lifestyle. As I have more work to do online than in a city, I am staying on a farm everyday, but my partner goes to work from here. So, a new interesting challange, a new adventure to get out from Malmö routine, how this will influence us? Hopefully positive, as the last months life have felt heavy in Malmö. My emotional state has been very low, and this year I have tried to improve my well-being. And I can feel already how after these three days of being here, it starts to feel the right small adventure we are doing. 


I will try to update about this wonderful time, this retreat, healing, therapy in and with nature, peace, calm atmosphere, no city noises! Many more likely wonder why and how and such questions, but I don't know if it's something I should write on a blog read in public. But the basic story is simple that we were recommended by people who trust us to house-sit while the owner is away on a mission in Nepal. Yes, not a travel, but a mission for women collecting information of women right situation when on a menstrual period. If you don't understand, read this article(click). What Lisa is also doing, she collected across Sweden 221 menstural cups and will be giving to and educating local women. Let's see how this journey goes. I have a strong feeling, this will be an important new chapter. She is an adventurous life changing mid-wife. She inspires me, I found alike minded soul and a friend in her. If we beleive in past lifes, I know I have met her before. 

Lisa also have given her trust in me and my partner that we will have the key to her house and a trust that we will care and love her dog as much as she does. In my eyes, it is incredible when I receive this trust. Especially the recent years when I had experienced a lot emotional hurt, that meeting people like her and her neighbours.... Warmed me up!
Back to the farm....

We moved our stuff a day before we move in. It was easier and less stressful, and all we had to do was just cycle there in the afternoon. On Sunday bags were there. We quickly drove in to say hi to the new becoming neighbors (obviously they are HAPPY DOGS RANCH) and back to Malmö the last night without computers and our the most necessary things around. I was planning to maybe go early to the farm on Monday, but then I was thinking I might be a bit on the way to the family who is there until 7pm... They are packing and so on. So, I left around 1430 for the usual 1h20min cycle ride. 33km. BUT, oh boy, what a ride! The weather conditions were ok, it was dry at least, but the famous Skåne wind... not my friend! Also in last minute I a bit packed more things (ehh) and so my bike trip got a bit heavier, and as I am not highly experienced cyclist, then all these facts made my trip slower. 

It was not that difficult like when we first did a backpackingadventure by bikes in March. My heart rate was normal, I just didn't have the adrenaline on that day and I listened my body - take it slow, and enjoy the nature and a bit giggle about my below 20km/h speed. (Really, what happened to me?)
I was there around 2h.

I immediately felt like I am at home. Later we talked about this, and I guessed maybe because I have had so many "homes" in my last 10 years, and especially while traveling I had new home every second day, that I can easier adapt, while my partner a bit felt "I love it here, but it doesn't feel like I am at home with my stuff around". I mean, we also are humans who experience things differently, right? While my house-sitting rule is I put my stuff in front of me - visible easily, that you dont "park in at someone's else home" with your things deep in closets where they normally would be, he felt he needed a bit more of his stuff around. Anyway, I am mumbling. But he loved it, I loved it, and we loved the dog!

First days...
 I was sooooooo surprised that Chai is a bed sleeping dog! I was already asleep by 930pm, when he came to sleep after 10pm and dog jumped in bed and when I turned around her face met my face, haha. I have never ever had a bed sleeping dog, so I was a bit wooooooooooooow excited from this kind of love as I miss having a cat or cats who usually were my bed sleeping pets. So, I got PLENTY OF PHOTOS OF CHAI hidding in the white sheets!

We went on our first walk on the first day. I just felt I have to give her attention more as she maybe can miss her family. She enjoyed walks. I learnt walking with her, and realised she is freaking awesome for running! It was so nice to walk through forest in silence... I thought this will be amazing morning treat for both of us!

So... what else, not much as here are only my bad quality camera snapshots...from the very first days! 

I have few updates on my isntagram: https://www.instagram.com/elinanomad/
Ah, finally the moving day has come!
We were too early, so, stopped to a bit "kill the time".
In Sweden you arrive 5min before the set time!
I was already happy that this will be my daily view for a while
One goofy happy dog, but won't stay with us.
And another happy dog, but also won't be with us.
"I was a cloud..."
gotta take care of plants before leaving!
My favorite bridge when leaving Malmö by bike. We call it the society bridge. One way you are out in the freedom, other back in the city....
The second day. Arrived by bikes. My cyclist fashion is disgrace to Skåne cyclists. And Chai already in love with him.
Happy first morning! SHE SLEPT IN BED WITH US!!!
"Oh, lilla gullig hunden Chai du är så söööööttttt"
On our first walk around.... We also had sheep and horses to watch, but not take care of them, someone else helped out with animals. We just counted if ALL animals are there at the right fields! :)
AND we got cats too.... Only they are outdoor cats and... really weirdly funny... They want to be "hug me hug me", but when you touch them, they "wtf is this?" :D
One cat really loved Chai, but Chai was really scared!
What a happy ride to home after long days at work or school. Thinking that this view is special to someone reminds me the feeling of my "road to home" where I grow up. As soon as we turned sideways from main road, and on the curve I saw the big chestnut tree I felt "ah, I'm home". Don't we all have that one corner/object/thing/something what gives that "I'm home" joy a minute away from it?! ❤
Little Chai helped me to pick apples!
THE MOST DELICIOUS APPLES. Witches apples?