Latvia: A weekend trip.





A short weekend in Latvia. 

Family. Granny's new home. New beginnings in Riga. Tradition before midsummer to see the outdoor theater play - Skroderdienas Silmacos. And... the beach! The sea to my soul. 





















Beach. Baltic sea. Forest.

There’s this mystical whimsical unconditional love to a place where you come from. I believe it is hard to continue living elsewhere if a person is in hate with homeland/roots. To me, it is important to be proud of your roots and explore your ancestry as well! During my long 9 years living abroad, I have met many foreigners living abroad and half of them have been one of those “forever lost souls” (in my opinion) because they deny their roots, their land, their home where they begun their journey from. There is a messy aura around them. I believe in having roots, but spread your wings like a bird and fly if you have a urge for exploring and to taste the smell elsewhere. But I dislike to create two political parties between human kind: one who denies their roots, the other as local who shames the other for living elsewhere. I do not get this, but I often get this attitude.

I am here to see the world, the life, but not to restrict myself in some created frames.















Thank you for reading and following my photos.

More on @elinanomad.

<3


Comments