Nomad notes: Couchsurfing in Stockholm. Pontus.

Couchsurfing in Stockholm. 

Pontus. 



After few days together with Elsa, celebrating her birthday and seeing a tiny glimpse of norther light while sitting on a roof, I made a plan to look for a cs host in Stockholm and finally get to see and explore the city a bit more than when I was first time here in 2010 or when with Calle in 2012, then we just wandered around in darkness and went to a underground party. So, from the suburb life into the dynamic city!

 Luckily, it was not difficult to find a host, with one message I found a host Pontus who lives central Stockholm. We arranged that I come in the evening and since the moment he opened the door, I felt like we freaking know each other for real. Like visiting a long time no see friend, it was a very... strange positively like with Love from Malmö, when I couchsurfer there a month ago. But then again I am not surprised anymore as on this travel I already have experienced these moments or even weirder vibing energy moments that maybe I am indeed meeting the right people?! Anyway, Pontus and I found out we have a common friend, he noticed it on my profile, and obviously it was noone else as Calle, the famoush hitchhiking king of Sweden. 

With Pontus I feel like I might have met my brother from another life. Couchsurfing sometimes can be the best invented thing ever to connect people! So far, so good and the people I often meet through couchsurfing... Feels like long time friends! I don't really share much stories and information about the people I meet through couchsurfing, they are interesting people, but as I still have never started the photo project - portraits of my hosts/guests, it some how feels too intimate to tell now on my blog the stuff they have trusted me to hear. Pontus is a great, fun guy, with musical interest but studies something completely else - politics! We made nicknames for each other, he is Relatively smart Posh hipster and I am Posh hippie. Also he told me about "whatsapp", it was funny - he asked me "Do you know whatsapp?" And I thought he means the expression "whats up?"... I was confused why would he ask it, but word by word, trol, dummy me, it's a communication app! :) Pontus really was a high class top host and hehas some craaaaazy fun stories about his couchsurfing experiece as a host. Now I hope I am his the best couchsurfer comparing to the other crazy smelly fish in bathroom visitors!

During my stay in Stockholm, I kind of took an advantage of being with someone I trust and feel comfortable that I relaxed at home even a day, but the other days I wandered around. In Stockholm its so easy to walk around (well, when you are a tourist and want to explore), and can end up walking long hours and many kms. This city is beautiful! I love it, and I hope I can come back one day and live here.

Some photos...(Still using my phone camera - samsung galaxy note I)





 
















 





 









 










Meeting a couchsurfing friend in Stockholm from Malmö!









haha, amazing t shirt.


It was so cold, oh, SO COLD.

Oh, I hate goodbyes.
Leaving Stockholm when such a beautiful sunset.

The next adventures await in Järna and Gnesta... and I will be back, Stockholm!

Comments