Explore Skåne: Cycling in Skåne: From the coast to coast - Malmö - Stenshuvud. Autumn adventure cycling 100km.


From the coast to coast - Malmö - Stenshuvud. 

Autumn adventure cycling 100km.

/Oct, 14/ "Do you believe me if I say this is 13th October in Sweden? I had my first ride from the coast to coast and also achieved 100+km that I devote my effort for my homeland's Latvia 100th birthday this year. I compared each km in my mind with Latvia's history. The last 30km started with extra effort, but the closer I reached the 100, excitement raised and I went into the flow. I compare the last km since Latvia's freedom. The middle km-years were the hardest and that we know what it means which history period.



We even had a detour where we got lost, must be the early 1980s ;). Anyway, while I'm mumbling my weird mind thoughts, I'm laying on a sandy beach campsite and enjoying yet another too warm to be true October day. Not even 24h back in Sweden from Hungary when a sea swims done and 100km cycling adventure too. The things you can do when just live life!"

This trip was really needed after a long week of Budapest hang out, food&drinks and no exercising. Especially, when the autumn this year is so warm and beautiful in Skåne, it was so many times fantastic views, but as we have short days, had to pedal - not much photo moments allowed! Even though we did manage to get lost in the woods just before the sun went down, and arrived in complete darkness at the destination. Yet, it was freaking awesome, it was all dark, all of our bicycle lights broken (great!) and no any other human on the roads, just us. Nature sounds of the night and soft, warm air, looking up in the sky I saw a billion stars. Gazing into the sky, I nearly drove on a badger or any other strange creature in the darkness. It didn't happen, it got away safely! 

I really loved this weekend trip. On a sunday morning when the sun was up, the tent open - all I wanted to do just be in that moment forever. 

Location: Stenshuvud national park.
Food: Bought when ir Härlossa. Easier to carry only half way. Vegen/vegetarian. 
Gear: Trangia, Campz, and the new sleeping bags are from EasyCamp. Vaude.
Bikes: She: Thorn Sherpa Tour bike 
He:  Trek 920



 









When the shortcut ended up "We're lost".

"Life is like a long bicycle race meant to carry out our personal legend. At the start we are all together, sharing camaraderie and enthusiasm. But as the race develops, the initial joy gives way to the real challenges: fatigue, monotony, and doubts as to one’s own ability.

We notice that some friends have given up the challenge – they are still racing, but just because they cannot stop in the middle of the road; there are many of them, riding alongside the support car, chatting with one another, fulfilling an obligation.

We end up separating from them, and then we are obliged to face loneliness, surprises at the unknown bends, problems with the bicycle. And at the end of some time we begin to wonder whether it is all worth so much effort.

Yes, it is worth it. The thing is not to give up.

Aside from everything else, if we stop pedalling, we end up falling to the ground."
/somewhere found quote/




 

 

 



 


  

Finally arrival at Stenshuvud national park.

 



The next day. Sunday beach day.

Everything tastes indeed better outdoors. Sunday morning in Stenshuvud. After 102km cycle, arriving in complete darkness we cooked the best possible meal ever and I was in food heaven. Here in the photo, we're cooking breakfast though... I loved this weekend moment because it's been a really long time since I and my partner in adventures had Trangia food. We used to even take it with us for cooking dinners at the Malmö parks. It's pretty often used any season, even for making hot chocolate on a cold January day at the beach. It's something I'd recommend everyone to have. @trangia_sweden opens up your cooking chakra! :)




On outdoor adventures, the sleeping bag is the one and the only thing which in my opinion have to be good, great, excellent. The one I use for trips is really big, heavy to carry as we don't do outdoor adventures by car. And now in collaboration with @easycamp I got their nebula brand sleeping bags. When people say they don't like camping, often it's because of bad gear. You CAN find good quality in budget-friendly brands. I was surprised how good I slept in this sleeping bag, it didn't cool down. And you can zip it together. The best kind of sleeping bags!
.

 













Campsite hang out.

 










 

 

Bye, bye Stenshuvud paradise! Back to Malmö.

 It was time to go! We left for Simrishamn to take the train back to Malmö. A long week - Budapest trip and back to Malmö straight into the cycling adventure.  Now my mind&body will need a rest, yet the soul is fed with lots of adventures and new insights indeed. A great week!







The reality behind the fun adventure photos.


 

 Thank you!

instagram //


Comments