Study in Malmö: Outdoor class camp night.




 Outdoor class camp night. 


Malmö University.

So, the new course from Malmö University was started with an outdoor experience straight away! I will try to remember the details of our 1-night camping with the class. First, we all met in Lund to take the bus to Lund Skrylle park. At the park, we met our teachers and they introduced us with the 2-day plan. The morning had got colder, also, we were a bit higher up than being in low, flat Malmö, that teachers had planned more of activity games to warm up - running, jumping. Then we all, like in the photo you can see, had to fit on those wooden sticks-benches. And without falling from it on the ground, we had to switch the spots by age, name's first letter, and whose native land is further from Sweden, and some more questions. I did not need to switch match as I was either the oldest or the closest to Sweden. We also had an orientation discussion on how to understand where are you in a forest. The game here was simple - in pairs, we walked in one direction around I think 5minutes, had to pick up to bring back to our meeting point something from that spot and then on the white sheet add it matching with our direction we went. 

After the morning warm-up, we get to see where we are staying for the night. Teachers had booked the cabin, many, many spots to sleep, but I chose to stay outdoors, as I want to try more of the shelter sleeping, and a few days ago I and Viktor were camping like this and it seemed okay. I and two others stayed outdoors for a night.


Later we had more tasks to do. One of them was that we walked down the path in silence, and teacher one by one left us somewhere on the path. The task was to sit in silence, observe what you see/feel/hear and write down it (or not), but connect with the moment. It was like mindfulness training. When they had left one by one, they came back to pick up us one by one. It was a bit funny about how some people were fallen asleep. After this, we had another group project. Now we were learning about birds. Each group had some facts of one bird and had to try to remake the bird's nest as the bird would do it, and then spot it (if can) or learn its song. Then kind of the day was finished and we had the free time to do what we want - many of us were chilling at the warm house, and later started preparing for shared dinner which we cooked on the open fire. (Photos)



 


 










 







I picked up some fresh baby nettles for my food.














Good morning!

Oh, it was a cold morning, but I managed to have a good sleep because of my super amazing sleeping-bag! One and the only thing to invest for sure- sleeping bag, if want to be more outdoors. The morning started slowly. As you can see in the photos, I prepared my colourful breakfast. I shared my food with another student, who was sleeping outdoors and was not prepared for the cold neither he had good gear for it, but he still did it! Good one! He also had not prepared food with him (you know student life is expensive in Sweden, can't afford to eat super well). I had enough or more, and that's all about surviving outdoors - gotta share with others if you have more.  For today teachers had planned a short hike around Skrylle. We walked into the ancient forest, it even looked like a fairytale forest! Then at the top of the hill, everyone in groups cooked their lunches and did another task by teachers. Now we had a kind of biology or zoology class experience?! We had jars to catch a spider and google eyes to see it closer through the jar. Swedish kids love it, I was not sure about it, but then I don't like insects and never have had a fascination to hold a spider in a hand,:). Today was warmer, good for us.  We finished by visiting the Natura centrum where are a lot interesting things for children. I didn't stay behind much longer, but I hope I come back to this park one day. it's similar to Söderåsen when can just have a day visit, as there is a restaurant, too!













































Thank you!

@elinanomad


Comments