Explore Skåne: When mom is visiting, we go to Kullaberg and Söderåsen.


When mom is visiting...

Kullaberg - Söderåsen.


It was a sunny weekend in September when my mom came to visit me in Sweden. She was excited, as it had become colder in Latvia than Sweden.
 
I knew we should go to nature in Skåne because I wanted to make sure that she sees the 'different nature' than Latvia. First I thought about Kullaberg! Obvious! In Latvia, there is no such nature that is like Kullaberg. She loved a lot! We did not walk, we just went to the top and down to the white lighthouse, we bought ice cream and coffee - a slow and typical short visit. Later we went to the "market design" in Höganäs. She likes this kind of stuff, so I thought we must mix our journey in Skåne - nature that I like and some Scandinavian design stores for her... Okay, but you know how it is beautiful Kullaberg and Söderåsen national parks! Nothing much to add more as we had a rental car, so, I do not know how much we would have paid for public transport if we did all the journey in one day, but with the rental car we were kings of our time.

Oh - a bit sad note. I had heard so many good recommendations about Röstånga cafe, so, I suggested to go there, but now I am not sure I will suggest it to anyone, as the chef was very rude and impolite to me for asking a vegetarian food than eating meat. Very unkind, so we drove back to Malmö and it was much nicer to go to Sajvva! It was a nice day after all.

We took bicycles so I could introduce my mother with Malmö as cycling city. We went cycling in the morning taking the longest cycle path to the beach. Then she had an exercise already, so, my plan going to swim early on Sunday morning - worked out great. She absolutely loved it and it was a beautiful sunny morning. We swam like 30 minutes as water was so nice! 

Sunday was our day together. She went shopping as she likes to do it! She bought some nice things to take with her home. We visited some second-hand shops too, and she has an eye for good quality vintage things. She wants to come back and go around all possible second-hand shops - haha.

Well, Malmö is not a beautiful city as most honest people know it. Malmö has different kind of atmosphere than the rest of Sweden, and so that is what I tried to show to my mum. I am not negative and not positive about Malmö, but if she only sees the bad side, I must find the good side too.



She wants to come back! Mission complete.
Söderäsen. Foto: Elina Nomad
Söderäsen. Foto: Elina Nomad
Söderäsen. Foto: Elina Nomad
Kullaberg. Foto: Elina Nomad
Söderäsen. Foto: Elina Nomad
Italiensvägen. Foto: Elina Nomad
Kullaberg. Foto: Elina Nomad
Kullaberg. Foto: Elina Nomad
Kullaberg. Foto: Elina Nomad
Kullaberg. Foto: Elina Nomad
Kullaberg. Foto: Elina Nomad

















 



Thank you for reading and following my photos.

More on @elinanomad.

<3

Comments