Malmö: My first Valborg living in a city. Malmö, Limhamn.



Valborg in Limhamn, Malmö.



My first Valborg in a city and of course I still kept away from the crowd. I cannot enjoy crowds:)) Also didn't stay long, just to see it light up and okay, bye, bye, let's go home. On the way cycling back through Malmö, it felt so unusual that streets this late are busy with cyclists! I even noticed that some locals who came out their homes to smoke were following with their eyes the cyclist queues with questioning face "what's happening here?". Then I remembered one my Airbnb guest, who said that she felt so scared in Malmö that it was so empty at 10pm! She was from Belgrad and life there is the same action as in Budapest at nights. I could agree, I also sometimes don't feel comfortable when Malmö gets so empty at 7pm already, but Malmöers are season-going out people, what to expect! It's such an introvert city, people loooooove to be at home.:)))

While waiting for the fire, we read this article from the newbie's guide to Sweden. It's another old school tradition with so many different meanings out in the world, the same day I had read one article about this night meaning's in Latvian culture, but that's also a long time ago and not discussed or celebrated much. In the end, ehh, why to question the reasons and meanings behind the traditions when people who started them had a different perspective on the world than the modern human :)) They obviously needed these traditions! We can just enjoy another great holiday!


















Thank you for your time here scrolling through my photo story.

ELINA NOMAD PHOTOGRAPHY



Do you want I do photography work for you? 
Message me on my fb page or visualnoteselina@gmail.com

Comments