Explore Skåne: Cycling in Skåne: The first bicycle adventure trip in Skåne, Sweden.


My first adventure bikeride. Malmö - Vombsjön, Skåne.

Finally. Finally this dream came true. Adventure bike, bike camping, bikebacpaking, touring around. Last weekend my first intro ride in Skåne. All this thanks for my funny dummy who found an amazing deal I could not refuse. Maybe I'll become the Latvian version of mairawa (nah, she's super hardcore).

Funny that since I'm a teenager I had a dream to end up in New Zealand (Swedish cyclist Ann did it last year), and my rule or plan was never with one way ticket so I've missed out the plenty opportunities when in 2007-2012 I could go cheaply and stay, travel, live and study. Missed out just because of having this stubborn rule which now I don't think I will achieve. Yet I still hope my dream comes true that I travel to nz not by planes... :) 


This felt so much better than my last summer adventure rides with my cycle cross and backpack on me, cycling like that it made pain in back after a while. Now I carry all my own gear on my bicycle, not expect boyfriend to do it (he has his adventure bike 1 year longer). People ask if it's not heavy? Well, we don't really have a long term bicycle adventures, so, we don't carry ALL OUR LIFE in bags as when I used to do on my hitchhiking adventure or travelling long term. Now I/we do these short trips, and usually it only includes must-needed-for-now cloth. I do check weather, so, only if there is a chance of rain, then I carry the extra. For weekend trips I always have : adventure cloth, camping cloth(something I can sleep in too if cold night), and maybe a comfortable cloth. In this case I had my dress, because if we are hanging out at one place longer (camping)... I do like to wear something comfortable than just being in adventure cloth. But that's me. And then of course we have all the camping gear. We do share weight, he has more than me, but before camspite we buy food and then I carry. If I did a long term trip, I don't know how we would manage it, because the bags are pretty full already for just a weekend trip! And thinking if I would need 4 season cloth... And all the gear! And my camera stuff... Mamamia! But I would like to try one day, maybe not 4 season, but a spring or August- October trip?

This was fantastic ride, and loved it! IT's such a freedom to travel by bicycle... and I see more of beautiful countryside nature than when in a car! So, here are some photos of my newbie adventure ride! 




































































 
 








Comments