Latvia: The green wedding for my bestie.

 

The green wedding in June. 

We are so used to see glamorous and from-a-magazine lookalike photos of weddings and other special occasions as photography field has grown the last years - better cameras made, easier access to technology and such, that a lot has changed since I last time did my"first" wedding shoot many years ago. Still with digital of course, but I always had wanted to do more this snapshot style. 

My intention going to my best friend's wedding was not to be a photographer, but at the party, we, guests, got some wedding-tasks and my role was "wedding paparazzi" with one use camera (only one). I did some digital photos too, but those are not authentic and real as these!!!!

I have not shared with my photos in past I made, this was my favourite approach. I used to own many different  35mm film cameras, and snapshot - capturing the moment was literally my favourite thing about photography. With digital you still try to control a lot, even some big photo stars call themselves "moment collectors" it usually means they have many the same photos to get that right one.


Yes, this maybe is not so glamorous. It has to be special kind people who would enjoy their retro, authentic, old-school wedding. I would mix - digital and snapshots if I went in all serious into wedding photography. During my photography study time, I was a big hater against those slimy digital photos, I loved naturally made bad light, scratches and such film photography "problems". Seems that now we edit our mobile phone cameras with "film effects" gives me a giggle. Anyway... Here are some fun and nice shots, some weird and unexpected. Taking these photos I was a bit taking a role as a paparazzi than a photographer. :)








































 
 

PHOTOGRAPHS BY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER MIKS SELS. MIKSSELS.COM











Thank you!

Comments