Life in Sweden-Latvia // Moments of January 2017


January 2017.

The new years was spent in Copenhagen at a fancy restaurant which was organized by Erik and his partner Teres. It was not what we planned or we felt we needed, but it was alright, mainly I just wished to be with friends. 

The whole of January has felt a bit different from last year. I want to help myself, to get out from depression feel, and build my life. I know it won't be easy. The first thing I thought I need to work on is female energy. Ever since I live in Malmö, I have mentioned that I feel I have lost a bit of feminine side in me. In comparison to Latvian women in Riga, here I don't see femininity that way. Well, it's a long discussion, and I won't write an essay on it here, but that's how I feel. 

What did I do? I had a girl trip to Madrid with my long lasting online friend Samantha. Then I flew to Latvia, had a Latvian ritual sauna with 6 other ladies. A full of female energy in the house! And at the end of January, I began going to Malmö sauna house where you sweat out and have a dip in the sea! Malin is joining me for these sauna days. 

I and my partner celebrated the Chinese New years with an outdoor picnic by the Öresundbridge, it was a cold sunny winter day. The other time we had a hot chocolate by the sea in the evening date. We try to do small adventures, for getting out from a sofa and well being. 

In overall I start to feel a bit safer, but still, a lot work to do mentally. I am also connecting more on Instagram with locals I follow. For example, at the end of 2016, I met up with Kim goes eko blogger, and now in January, we had few hour photo shoot at her home. It was personally a practice for me to get back into photography of portraits. A bit struggle, yet I was feeling inspired again, and ever since living with a depressed mindset, it was a huge step towards changes to actually FEEL inspired about anything!

Places: Madrid, Malmö, Åhus, Jekapbils, Riga.






























Comments